Hey folks, sorry for the long delay in posts but I couldn’t post all the projects I was doing because they were all Christmas gifts! This recipe I found on Pinterest and it looked SO delicious!! My boyfriend told me that his friends were having a get together for the big UFC fight this past weekend, and I don’t believe in showing up somewhere empty handed. This seemed like a good appetizer we could bring and share with everyone. And was it ever easy! The post called it “Bloomin’ Onion Bread” which isn’t my favorite nickname but it’s pretty apt.
Bloomin’ Onion Bread
– 1 loaf of regular bread – KB Note: I’m sure you could get crazy and use a Ciabatta or rosemary loaf, I think rosemary might be my next variation
– 16 oz Monterey jack cheese
– 1 stick of butter
– 1 bunch of scallions/green onions
– Dash of ground black pepper
– Dash of garlic salt
KB Note – Next time I make this I will 100% be added chopped bits of pancetta. This recipe is screaming for some smoky meat flavor!!
1. Cut loaf of bread into sections that look easy to pull apart, not too big so that the pieces won’t end up cheesey and not too small so that the pieces crumble apart. I would recommend cutting the bread on the baking sheet because it is tricky to move after it’s cut.
2. Cut your cheese relatively thin and small because you’re going to be putting the cheese in the cuts you made in your bread.
3. Insert the cheese into the bread, try to get cheese into every space. In the center of the loaf where it’s thicker make sure you add more cheese.
4. Cut your scallion thinly as they will be mixed into your butter. You don’t want someone to get a big chunk of scallion stuck in their teeth!
5. Mix your butter, chopped scallions, pepper, and garlic salt together.
KB Note: When I add the pancetta next time I will sprinkle it on top of the loaf after putting the butter mixture on.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for roughly 20 minutes or until golden brown. I unfortunately didn’t time it because we were cutting it close to leave.
I also forgot to take a picture before we hustled out of the house, but it should look like this!